Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CORN MILL AND TOOTHPASTE

The other day I was brushing my teeth and a little toothpaste rolled down onto my chin and I guess I had a little blemish there or something because it stung a little bit. Instantly my mind threw me back to Romania. Then I started to remember all the crazy things I and my companions would try to do to keep up with ourselves. One of them was we would dot our faces with toothpaste before bedtime. Someone once heard that toothpaste clears up pimples so we had no other choice than to test the theory. It worked and it was awesome for the time because we didn't have Proactive or Clean n' Clear on hand!

I think I had some dry skin on my face one time, probably because we were outside all the time as missionaries. So there was a member who told me this sweet little beauty trick. When you wash your face take a little Corn Mill in your hands with some water and gently scrub your face with it. The best homemade exfoliate I have ever tried!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i remember that trick! i haven't done it in the states. those crazy things we did in the mish! loved it!

Whittron said...

remember the pee pee trick, I miss those home remedies!

Curt, Julie, Claire and Andrew said...

No I don't remember the pee pee trick. What did I miss out on?

Justin and Shannon Sotelo said...

One of the Romanian members told me to wash your face, but don't dry it...she said to let the water naturally absorb into your face, and it will clear it up! I miss those people!!!

Callie said...

Glad you like the food blog! let me know what you think of it.. we're want to know what other people think and how easy or hard it is, if any of it gets made too! cute little girl!

Bubbles