Monday, May 9, 2011

I never thought I would say this but,

I HAVE GONE CRAFTING WILD!

I love learning new things. There are so many people around me who do such amazing things, I couldn’t help it but to try a little myself. I love seeing what talents people have. I am so amazed at what they come up with and how it turns out. SO…..

Here are a few thing I have been working on:

 DSCN4371

This is a super fun Easter Peep Topiary. I think this is the only thing peeps are good for. :)

 

 DSCN4459

Shoe rack to ribbon holder!

DSCN4463 

“UPCYCLING” No this does not mean riding your bicycle up a steep incline. It is the word for taking something that you don’t us and reusing it for a neat purpose. I hated digging through my box of ribbons and having them all unravel and tangle so this makes it easy to see what I have and to keep them organized.

   DSCN4486

I have had these scraps of fabric samples sitting around for so long. I have been in love with this fabric ever since I found out I was having a girl. But at $25 a yard I ended up just having to make flowers for Claire’s hair. The pictures do not do these justice. They are so cute!

DSCN4484

I have  been making a lot of bows and sadly I just gave a bunch of them to a friend who is having a baby girl in a couple of weeks and I didn’t get picture of them. These are the only ones I got pictures of.

DSCN4493 DSCN4504

Last but not least my first ever wreath. I wanted something that looked like spring and that could carry through the summer. I always leave my fall wreath up through the winter because I don’t have a winter or Christmas one. So maybe I will have to see about making a winter one. This was super fun to make.

DSCN4494 DSCN4500 DSCN4501

 

Oh and I made these rings and gave them to my new gal pals because they came and crafted with me one night. At least this time all of our talking was productive.

DSCN4420

And because I love my babies so much I have to throw in a few pictures of them.

DSCN4457 DSCN4427

This is what happens when you hang out with girls all day.

DSCN4433

Poor Andrew.

DSCN4434

I guess he isn’t too mad at us.

DSCN4436 DSCN4441 DSCN4442 DSCN4443 DSCN4445

Claire was going crazy. Maybe Andrew pulled her hair. He was probably getting back at her for playing dress up on him.

DSCN4453

Oh and I made that flower in Claire’s hair.

DSCN4454 DSCN4456

Sweet baby boy. I love my kids so much!

4 comments:

Rylie said...

absolutely adorable, little ute soccer star and tennis star will love those pics when they are older. I so enjoyed last night. Love you, Sue

Rachel said...

I just want to eat your kids up!! And I'm glad you posted a pic of your wreath. I remembered seeing a wreath but I couldn't remember what it looked like. You're such a crafting diva! I love it! (p.s. I have worn that ring a couple of times already. LOVE it!). --Rach

bestofthebishops said...

What cute kids you have!! They look so different...blue eyes, brown eyes...dark hair/light hair...so fun!! Way to go on all of your cute crafts! You must have some of Grandmas genes in you.

Our Birdiful Family! said...

They are adorable! Ah, Claire is so stinkin' cute! And Andrew has the sweetest face! He totally has your eyes! love it! Hope you are all doing wel1!! :)

Bubbles